Take a Trip with Us!
Our final trip for 2015: December 3, 2015 - Christmas in Fairmount Park
Our 2016 Schedule of Regional One Day Trips...
- Tuesday, March 8 – Philadelphia Flower Show
- Saturday, April 23 – Virginia Garden Week -Winchester Estates
- Thursday, May 19 – Annapolis - US Naval Academy & Paca House
- Thursday, September 15 – Grounds for Sculpture, NJ
- Thursday, October 13 – Scandals of D.C.- "Misremembering & Misbehaving"
- Thursday, November 17 – NYC: The 9/11 Memorial & One World Trade Center Observatory
- Thursday, December 1 – Deck the Halls - Winterthur & Longwood Gardens
PLUS Two Multi-Day International Tours
- September 11-24, 2016 - In the Footsteps of Major Dick Winters (our seventh year!)
- October 22-28, 2016 - Iceland: Northern Lights & Landscapes
Did You Change Your Email Address?
Many of the email addresses we have on file for our friends and members are out of date! As a result we are unable to keep you informed of our coming events.
It's Official.... we are open!!
We are eager to announce that our doors are open and we are once again receving guests at the Society.
Renovations are ongoing and we invite you to come in and look around at the progress we have made. Our offical grand reopening will be held during the Holiday open house on Sat., Dec. 12.
If you would like to see pictures of our work in progress, click below.
The Book is in!!
New Book: H is for Hershey
The Historical Society has released a brand new children's book H is for Hershey. Local author Heather Paterno developed the concept as a children's ABC book featuring artistic renderings of local landmarks attributed to each letter of the alphabet.
This Week in Hershey
1955 - Dedication of All Saints Episcopal Church.
1964 - Hershey's Marshmallow Cups are introduced.
1964 - Cocktail Lounge opens in Park Golf Club House.
The Mission of the Hershey - Derry Township Historical Society is dedicated to preserve, promote, and interpret the history of Derry Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania.
Be A Member
Thanks to your membership support, we provide superior research opportunities and open community access to Derry Township history from 1729 until today. Discover what is unique about our community! Connect to your roots through our genealogical records and library, take an exclusive tour of a local historic site or learn more about your historic home.