East Derry Road

East Derry Road(MAP) East Derry Road, Hershey Pa.

*** 2013 Preservation Award Winner *** 

The original area known as East Derry Road was to the village of Derry Church what Main Street was to every small town in America. When the town of Hershey was being developed in the early 1900's, the road was extended to the west and named Spring Creek Avenue, then West Derry Road. Later, West Curry Road would cease to exist as Hershey Park expanded its boundaries.

 

Today, what remains of Derry Road is a vestige of the former hub for the many early Hershey families that lived there, and numerous homes along this corridor pay tribute to this history by demonstrating efforts of preservation.