The Mill

the mill(MAP) 810 Old West Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA 17033

*** 2015 Preservation Award - Adaptive Reuse Winner *** 

Known formerly as the Curry Feed Mill, The Mill restaurant materialized from this historic property and pays tribute to the heritage of this site by maintaining visual and structural references to its past incarnations.

The original structures, being the flour and feed mill and the grain and coal warehouses of the J. B. Curry estate at Swatara Station, were destroyed by fire on May 30, 1914—estimated losses were approximately $40,000. A two and one-half story structure was rebuilt with brick using the first story of the old limestone mill. The mill was closed in 1976 and sat virtually unused other than as a warehouse until it was purchased and renovated for adaptive reuse as a restaurant by the current Coowners, James Rafferty and Bill Delinsky .