News

Rosepoint

(MAP)13 Para Avenue, Hershey Pa. 17033

*** 1997 Preservation Award – Rosepoint ***

Recipient of Derry Township Historical Society's First Historic Preservation Award (September 1997),       this stately limestone residence was built by Milton S. Hershey for his long-time friend and attorney JohnS. Snyder. The home was erected in 1910 by C. Emlen Urban a noted Lancaster architect andbuilder. After the death of Mrs. Snyder, the home reverted to the Hershey Trust Company, who converted it into two apartments in the 1950's. Dick and Gwen Wright purchased the structure from the Hershey Trust Company in July of 1995. Their restoration of the home, which included the addition of a matching 3-car carriage house with office and facilities, was completed in the spring of 1997. Having returned the 21 room home to it's former grandeur and use as a single family dwelling, "Rosepoint", as it is now called, is an example of eclectic Georgian /Colonial architecture and is one of Hershey's finest homes.