Newsletter

The Derry Church Session House

1999 Preservation Award  Derry Church Session House

(MAP) 248 E Derry Rd, Hershey, PA 17033

*** 1999 Preservation Award Winner ***

Also honored this year was the Derry Presbyterian Church which has recently completed the restoration of the glass enclosure built by Milton Hershey to preserve the 18th Century Session House.

The following is from Wikipedia…

“Derry Session House and Enclosure is a historic site located on the grounds of Derry Presbyterian Church at Derry Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. It consists of the log Session House, built about 1732, and a glass enclosure, erected in 1929. The hewn log Session House measures 18 feet by 13 feet and is one story high and was built for a Presbyterian session. The glass and steel enclosure measures approximately 24 feet by 19 feet, 6 inches, and sits on a reinforced concrete foundation. The Enclosure, whose construction was originally funded by Milton S. Hershey, was refurbished in 1999.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derry_Session_House_and_Enclosure

.